Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Is it summer yet?

We've had beautiful weather in New England for a change - a couple of days of sunshine and 60 degree temperatures does wonders to improve my mood. Since it felt like spring, I decided to make one of our favourite warm weather salads to bring to a friend's place for a wine-tasting get-together - the Barefoot Contessa's Shrimp and Orzo salad.

Doesn't that look like summer ingredients? It's a light salad that feels healthy as there is no butter, mayo, or sour cream involved, just an olive oil-lemon juice vinaigrette. I used Maine shrimp since they're currently in season, but boy is it a pain to remove the shell on a pound of those little critters. Otherwise it's an easy salad to whip together after work on a Friday. Unfortunately I never got the chance to share it - as I was putting the finishing touches on the salad, I could feel a high fever coming on. That was enough to send me to the couch for the rest of the evening and I didn't end up going out. Oh well, I can always make it again - and the husband is more than happy to eat it...

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those warmer days were nice this week-I wish I could have enjoyed them more.

Love the look of this salad!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...